I recently had the chance to see my parents in California. They actually full-time in their 5th wheel. While my dad helped with repairs on our rig, my mother shared her healthier spin on chocolate chip cookies. So if you want your cookie and to eat it too, here is the recipe.
Beverly’s Bomb Cookies
2 cups flour
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 cups chocolate chips
1 medium bowl
1 large bowl
1 large spoon
1 hand mixer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, flax seed, baking soda, salt, oats. Mix together and set aside.
- In a larger bowl combine the wet ingredients: butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, white sugar. Blend together.
- After blending, add eggs, walnuts, vanilla, and chia seeds. Blend.
- Add dry ingredients mixture. Resume blending.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop tablespoon-size cookie dough chunks onto the paper, about 2 inches apart from one another.
- Place in the oven. Baking time varies from 8-12 minutes. Recipe makes about 2 batches.
What’s your favorite RV recipe?
Feel free to share your specialty meals and desserts in the comments below! We always like trying new recipes on the road!
For more RV recipes, click here.
If you would like to help keep us on the trail, you can use our affiliate link to do your regular Amazon shopping here. Happy trails!