If you missed the first part of our first big journey Click Here
12/25/14 Through 12/30/14
Our trip to Texas went well. It’s always nice to be able to spend Christmas with family. We had Christmas dinner at Natalie’s Mom’s house. The food was excellent and the company was great. Natalie’s brother owns his own pharmacy which we visited and stocked up on vitamins, allergy meds and various other medical odds and ends. If you are ever in Mission, Texas we highly recommend Westside Pharmacy.
We spent a day at South Padre Island on the beach. It was cloudy, but it was a beach…something we don’t see too often. Brewy loves the beach and if she she had opposable thumbs would still be there making sand castles, though she can dig pretty deep holes in the sand to lay in without the thumbs.
We, unfortunately, found out that many restaurants that were once pet friendly on the island are no longer. We still maintain our dog is cleaner than many children, but rules are rules and if if you go to the island, you may want to bring the dog back to the rig before dinner time.
We saw the new Hobbit movie another day and were pleased. The rest of the week we hung out at Natalie’s Mom’s until it was time to say goodbye. That is always the hardest part of visiting family.
Lessons of the week:
- Bringing the RV meant we got to take our pets and get them acclimated to their new home.
- We were able to take more yummy leftovers back with us since we have our own mobile fridge.
- Lots of Mexican food gives Levi heartburn.
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy is long…like, very, very long…but good, very good.
- Visiting family = Great! Saying goodbye to family = opposite of great! But there’s lots of leftovers in the fridge.